This is a beginner to intermediate level course looking at wines for those working in the industry, or enthusiasts.
The Level 2 Award in Wines has a minimum requirement of 28 hours of study time, including 16 hours of classroom time. In the course you will learn:
- Winemaking techniques
- Factors influencing wine styles
- Characteristics of key black and white grape varieties
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- Production of sweet, sparkling and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
This course is completed over eight, two hour sessions plus an examination.
The examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions.
The cost of this course is £395 and includes study materials, examination costs and tasting wines. Students are asked to provide their own glassware for the Level 2 Award in Wines. A link to where to buy appropriate glasses will be sent out upon booking.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.